tsar wrote:
"Scout" <me4guns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:WlDhm.131774$qx1.118434@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tsar wrote:
"RD (The Sandman)" <rdsandman(spamlock)@comcast.net> wrote in
message news:Xns9C6874C604070hopewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"tsar" <tsar@xxxxxxx> wrote in
news:h66qg6$rvc$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

How many people think felons should be allowed to legal
possess guns?

That depends on whether the felon was convicted of a violent or
a non violent crime. A person convicted of a violent crime has
already shown a propensity to use violence to achieve an end.
He/she probably should not have that right restored.

So you oppose the Second Amendment?

No, he supports the 5th Amendment.

So you think something in the 5th contradicts the 2nd?

Yes. Just as it can contradict any/all of our other rights when one
is convicted by due process.

So anyone who has in the past been convicted can have all other
rights permanently revoked?

Where are you getting this?

Maybe he's thinking of capital punishment? After all that's a valid
example of people who have had all other rights permanently
revoked......

Particularly life and liberty....and possibly the pursuit of happiness.
;)

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

"The widest gap between liberals and conservatives is the blank
space between the First and Second Amendments to the US Constitution."

Peter McWilliams, author, "Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do".

  • Re: felons?
    ... How many people think felons should be allowed to legal ... non violent crime. ... So then you do not agree with the Second amendment. ... but it is constitutional protection that requires the due process. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: felons?
    ... How many people think felons should be allowed to legal ... violent or a non violent crime. ... Just as it can contradict any/all of our other rights ... So then you do not agree with the Second amendment. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: felons?
    ... How many people think felons should be allowed to legal ... violent or a non violent crime. ... Just as it can contradict any/all of our other rights ... So then you do not agree with the Second amendment. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: felons?
    ... How many people think felons should be allowed to legal ... violent or a non violent crime. ... Just as it can contradict any/all of our other rights ... So then you do not agree with the Second amendment. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: felons?
    ... How many people think felons should be allowed to legal ... violent or a non violent crime. ... rights permanently revoked? ... So then you do not agree with the Second amendment. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)