Re: OT - Is an assault arm ban coming?
- From: Jim Yanik <jyanik@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 22 Mar 2009 16:40:09 GMT
"Wayne" <mygarbagecan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
"Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_tools@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Another example of why if we as gun owners don't self police society-
will do it for us.
You're right. If more gun laws are passed against law abiding
sportsmen, the criminal that shot the cops would not have had a
gun....because it would be against the law.
No,the criminal would have used a gun stolen from a police car,or from the
Feds. Or one smuggled in by the druggies.
"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by
forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected
behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals
to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder
- Prev by Date: Re: More Cop's Guns Stolen
- Next by Date: Re: OT - Is an assault arm ban coming?
- Previous by thread: Re: OT - Is an assault arm ban coming?
- Next by thread: Re: OT - Is an assault arm ban coming?