Re: pro-gun Dem senator from NY?
- From: henryreardon@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:35:43 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 24, 8:25 am, BP <brcphill...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob Rexford wrote :
She's from a district just North of me. She's in her second term in a
very Republican and conservative district.
Is she really "pro gun"? Or is she one who would sacrifice so-called
assault weapons and outlaw private sales (the so called "gun show
loophole"). Unfortunately, an NRA A rating doesn't mean squat these
days. The Lairds of Fairfax are interested in many things before our
rights. They give lots of anti-gunners A ratings if they are likely
to get (re) elected so that they can claim victories and hit us up for
I don't know anything about her, but a quick check says that the GOA
gives her a C (see: http://gunowners.org/111hrat.htm ) They
actually base their rating on RKBA votes, and a C means she "leans our
way occasionally, and I guess is better than a Kennedy and better than
Hillary (who they give an F-). My own anti-gun Senator is NRA A rated
and GOA gives him a D, which matches what I've seen of him. He does
the bare minimum to keep getting elected in a red state w/out
upsetting his Democratic bosses.
- Prev by Date: Re: San Antonio: Rise in 'justified' shootings continues
- Next by Date: Re: "Gun deaths are rare in Japan due to the nation's strict gun control"
- Previous by thread: Ban guns from military?
- Next by thread: Re: pro-gun Dem senator from NY?