Re: Why I <choke> have some grudging respect for Trevor Wilson and believe the there is hope.

"Trevor Wilson" <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Jim Bianchi" <jimbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:24:35 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:
"Jim Bianchi" <jimbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:20:11 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:
**Nope. Swimming pools require extensive and expensive local
government
approvals. And, as I stated before, they require expensive and
extensive
support systems.

Like I said, rigorous and expensive regulations aside, a swimming
pool can be owned in Australia. As opposed to owning a semi-automatic
firearm for defensive purposes.

**Correct. OTOH, pools are rarely used in the commission of homicides.
Firearms have been and still are a common method of committing homicide.
Additionally, firearms are hardly ever effective for defensive purposes.

They're NOT (hardly ever effective)? Of course! <smacking myself on
the forehead> I keep forgetting you Aussies are different..

**Nope. In the US there are 200 KNOWN DGUs each year.

So Trevor, how many of these 200 did NOT involve a dead body?

Zero?

Care to site the source and show me that you don't count only dead bodies?

.