Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)

"Homespun Inc." <homespuninc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

So you assert, however you were most adamant that the line should NOT
include weapons that can be used for self defense. So since you draw
a line that would prohibit machine guns then it's makes sense to ask
you if you consider machine guns to be unuseable for self defense.
Otherwise your line doesn't make sense within the context of what you
have asserted needs to be protected as a "fundimental right".

I'm discussing where the line should be drawn. I don't believe that
crew served and fixed position machine guns fall into the category of
purely "self" defense. They go beyond it. You right to "self"
defense is just that-- no more.

My right to self defense is whatever is available that I can use. If it
is a knife or a cannon.

--
Sleep well tonight.........RD (The Sandman)

http://home.comcast.net/~rdsandman

People discuss self defense as if you have as much time to do it in as
they have to discuss it. In reality, you have a flash to identify the
threat and react. Whether or not you actually pull the trigger is
something that you have a microsecond to decide and a lifetime
to live with.
Mort.....2006

  • Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)
    ... weapons suitable for self defense which IMO would become the new ... But the use of full automatics with infantry units is too prevalent ... the "arms" referred to in the Second ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)
    ... weapons suitable for self defense which IMO would become the new ... our right with firearms just about self defense. ... the "arms" referred to in the Second Amendment ... Of course, if Lund wishes to remain true to his own words, he should be ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)
    ... weapons suitable for self defense which IMO would become the ... the "arms" referred to in the Second ... modern equivalent either. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)
    ... weapons suitable for self defense which IMO would become the new ... the "arms" referred to in the Second ... In the case of free speech they want to go all modern. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Anti-rape device postponed
    ... Viral loads in blood are much higher. ... Women know they have that element and can plan for what to do next, ... Find me a medical report of a self defense crushed trachea. ... many weapons. ...
    (soc.men)