Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:02:03 +0000, Bama Brian wrote:

Homespun Inc. wrote:

Our point is quite simple; we've compromised in the past and come to
this day with its 20,000 gun laws and our rights severely eroded. Gun
rights are now a "no-compromise" issue for us.

I'm perfectly willing to compromise.

They want licensing? I'll accept licensing for carry, but not for
ownership. And only if the licensing has objective standards, instead of
being subject to the discretion of the issuing authority.

In other words, in my view, shall-issue carry permits _are_ the reasonable
middle ground.

--
Freedom is not empowerment. Empowerment is what the Serbs have in
Bosnia. Anybody can grab a gun and be empowered. It's not entitlement. An

  • Rick Stanley RATIONAL REGULATION OF RIGHTS
    ... OPINION RELEASE: RATIONAL REGULATION OF RIGHTS ... > gun law is constitutional. ... > analysis to the 2nd Amendment while applying strict scrutiny analysis to ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Its all about hunting for the Dems?
    ... Amendment has to do with a militia, ... So do you believe that gun ownership ... The Bill of Rights involves personal rights, ... and those responsible for using the War ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)
    ... What you have now is what the government allows you to have. ... I see, so I should just give up my rights now without a fight, and then ... Another empty tactic of gun control, ... project a willingness to support more restrictive gun control. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • New U.S. Senator opposing HR2640, and a detailed rebuttal of the NRAs defense of gun control
    ... which means steam is gathering against this gun control ... Existing law states a prohibited person has to be "adjudicated as a mental ... been defined by the Supreme Court of the United States. ... ruling by a court of law where due process rights are protected. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • A Liberal Case for Gun Rights Sways Judiciary
    ... A Liberal Case for Gun Rights Sways Judiciary ... court struck down a gun control law on Second Amendment grounds. ... If only as a matter of consistency, Professor Levinson continued, liberals ...
    (alt.politics)