Re: A Model, American Firearms Policy (Long)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:02:03 +0000, Bama Brian wrote:

Homespun Inc. wrote:

Our point is quite simple; we've compromised in the past and come to
this day with its 20,000 gun laws and our rights severely eroded. Gun
rights are now a "no-compromise" issue for us.

I'm perfectly willing to compromise.

They want licensing? I'll accept licensing for carry, but not for
ownership. And only if the licensing has objective standards, instead of
being subject to the discretion of the issuing authority.

In other words, in my view, shall-issue carry permits _are_ the reasonable
middle ground.

--
Freedom is not empowerment. Empowerment is what the Serbs have in
Bosnia. Anybody can grab a gun and be empowered. It's not entitlement. An

.