Re: Are Guns Really a Friend of Freedom?

"Jim Yanik" <jyanik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> MELVIN LEE DAVIS <7-string@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> Matt wrote:

>>> I said "superior", not super. A shotgun is a nice weapon, as is a
>>> handgun,
>>> but both lack something when facing a machine gun.
>>

>> What "superiority" does a machine gun have?
>>
>> According to you....."_______________"?
>>

> Many machine gunners have been defeated by a single rifleman.
> (sniper,especially)

Sergeant York, anyone?

  • Re: Japanese agents in the U.S.
    ... a little guard shack in front of a group of structures and facing ... OUTWARD, AWAY FROM THE BUILDINGS AND SO IS THE MACHINE GUN. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Japanese agents in the U.S.
    ... AWAY FROM THE BUILDINGS AND SO IS THE MACHINE GUN. ... Actually, ALL THREE SOLDIERS ARE FACING THE CAMERA, AND SO IS THE ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Are Guns Really a Friend of Freedom?
    ... >>> Assuming your enemy is willing to use the super Weapons. ... >> but both lack something when facing a machine gun. ... At close range a handgun is just as good, ... once you kill the person holding the machine ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Are Guns Really a Friend of Freedom?
    ... >>> but both lack something when facing a machine gun. ... someone with a handgun or someone with a machine gun? ... capabilities and weapons, AND the capabilities and weapons of the enemy. ... You're not going to try to engage an enemy at 1000 yards with a handgun. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Hellers Pistol
    ... The Supreme Court said "...the District must permit him ... # (Heller) to register his handgun and must issue him a license to carry ... his handgun is a Beretta M92 and the D.C. rules ... handgun and rule that his handgun is not a machine gun under federal law. ...
    (rec.guns)