Chez Watt!!!Re: No transitional forms exist

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:29:46 -0400, UC wrote
(in article
<uranium-6a7fbd23-c8f6-436c-9d73-1a1c22764532@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

In the category of 'how dark thou art, Mr Kettle!'

On Jun 23, 3:18 pm, "J.J. O'Shea" <try.not...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah, but will you continue to be so blindly arrogant that you
will continue to think that your support has any actual
meaning or relevance when the issue is words used in a
scientific venue? *That* is the real question, and extensive
observation says you will continue to be both blind and
arrogant.
--

Bob C.

In a scientific context, USE SCIENTIFIC LANGUAGE!

Oh, my.

The arrogance and stupidity of you people is astonishing.

  • Re: thoughts on OO design for processing messages
    ... That's very convenient when you accuse someone of not knowing the meaning of terms they use. ... language designers and the CS community at large for over two decades before the DOT was published. ... Nor does it have relevance for 4GLs. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: The Masters
    ... arrogant when he chooses. ... By the time he'd got into the Butler Cabin he'd moved away the 'stone', ... I simply don't enjoy listening to such ... usenet2 at mcm2002 dot f9 dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.sport.golf)
  • Re: Question
    ... hatir sormak used when one pays one's ... the nuances of this word the meaning of which, as uhu pointed out, depends ... Would anyone tell the meaning of two words in Turkish: ... the "i" in the above word must be without the dot. ...
    (soc.culture.turkish)
  • Re: help! looking for a pdf book.
    ... I don't expect to find meaning in the recipient's "head" any more than I expect to find it in the sender's "head". ... What's in the headis derivative to the communication which starts with the sender communicating with herself. ... I am being a bit simplistic, but this amounts to saying that Peircean semiotics actually reverses the classical order of events: there's no consciousness *before* its ability to express itself--on the contrary, the ability to express oneself gives rise to the consciousness and supports it thereafter. ... tommi dot nieminen at campus dot jyvaskyla dot fi ... ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Can you give me transitional forms?
    ... have been claiming that the traditional usage is not the only usage. ...  If language behaves just as it has behaved for the last ... But you are not allowed to change the meaning at will to suit your ... email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com. ...
    (talk.origins)