Re: Flat Earthism
- From: Walter Bushell <proto@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:25:21 -0500
In article <jgmc08$atk$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Paul J Gans <gansno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PS: I had a lot of trouble with handedness, clockwise, etc. when
I was in high school. I even had an argument with my physics teacher
about it. He insisted on using the terms "clockwise" or "counterclockwise"
and I objected by asking "is that as seen from above or below".
You should have told him to speak English, "deisal" or "widdershins",
not those fancy French imports.
See also "Uncleftish Beholdings"
It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant
and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting. -- H. L. Mencken
- Prev by Date: Re: By their fruits Feb 2012
- Next by Date: Re: RFC on new Index of Creationist claim: CG211
- Previous by thread: Re: Flat Earthism
- Next by thread: Re: Flat Earthism