Re: Upright Earth - was: Belly Buttons?
- From: "Dan Drake" <dd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 10 Jan 2008 00:31:22 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:42:56 UTC, "Jenny Brien" <jennifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:34:56 -0000, Dan Drake <dd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:20:13 UTC, John Harshman
He then did the obvious in vitro thing, and came back (at the same
instant, having control of this Time business) to present her to Adam.
This would make Eve homozygous at every locus on the X chromosome. Most
interesting. In that world there was no hemophilia or various sorts of
color-blindness, and so on.
But after the Fall: this is one more thing that becomes corrupt, just as
the nasty uncomfortable seasons originated when God got so mad that he
tilted the axis. (Not the Axis -- that was Churchill.)
I'm not convinced that the Earth would have been a nicer place without the
tilt. Thoughts, anyone?
Strongly inclined to agree. Then again, my tilted part of the world is
California; Milton, who gave this attribution of the tilt, might have seen
- Prev by Date: Re: How Our Brains Ignore Unpleasant Facts was: Re: The Reasonable
- Next by Date: Re: How Our Brains Ignore Unpleasant Facts was: Re: The Reasonable
- Previous by thread: Upright Earth - was: Belly Buttons?
- Next by thread: Re: Upright Earth - was: Belly Buttons?