humanity shortening the life of the universe
- From: wf3h <wf3h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:52:43 -0800 (PST)
If it wasn't in a serious newspaper, i'd have thought it was in the
Forget about the threat that mankind poses to the Earth: our
activities may be shortening the life of the universe too.
The startling claim is made by a pair of American cosmologists
investigating the consequences for the cosmos of quantum theory, the
most successful theory we have.
New Scientist reports a worrying new variant as the cosmologists claim
that astronomers may have accidentally nudged the universe closer to
its death by observing dark energy, a mysterious anti gravity force
which is thought to be speeding up the expansion of the cosmos.
- Prev by Date: Re: Looking for my Circular Saw to evolve into a Jig Saw-how long
- Next by Date: Re: Dinesh D'Souza: Was Hitler a Christian?
- Previous by thread: Casey Luskin: Future of Conservatism: Darwin or Design?
- Next by thread: Re: humanity shortening the life of the universe