Re: Atheistic Maxwellian: Hannes Alfven

"VoiceOfReason" wrote:
Thanks for all the random text, but did you have an actual point?

3 points.

Hannes Alfven (Dec. 11, 1970 Nobel Lecture for the Physics Prize):

The hetegonic processes took place 4 to 5 billion years ago. The evolution
of the primary product of these processes into our present-day solar system
has consisted of a number of relatively slow changes: geological forces have
transformed the structure of the planets, tidal effects have braked the
spins of some of the bodies (especially of the satellites), collisions have
taken place in the asteroidal belt, and there have been meteor impacts on
the planetary surfaces, etc. All these effects are important for the
reconstruction of the state of the system immediately after the hetegonic
processes ended. It is only after « correcting » for them that the solar
system data we observe today are of value for the reconstruction of the
hetegonic processes.
It was the question why the wanderers - the planets - moved as they did that
triggered off the scientific avalanche several hundred years ago. ... We now
ask how to go there, and we also ask how these bodies once were formed. And
if the night sky on which we observe them is at a high latitude, outside
this lecture hall - perhaps over a small island in the archipelago of
Stockholm - we may also see in the sky an aurora, which is a cosmic plasma,
reminding us of the time when our world was born out of plasma. Because in
the beginning was the plasma.

~~Plasma Physics, Space Research and the Origin of the Solar System
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1970/alfven-lecture.pdf

Hannes Alfven pontificated on the big stage and pleased the world by
contradicting the second law of thermodynamics, no different than the Big
Bang physicists he correctly opposed.

James Clerk Maxwell:

Admitting heat to be a form of energy, the second law asserts that it is
impossible, by the unaided action of natural processes, to transform any
part of the heat of a body into mechanical work, except by allowing heat to
pass from that body into another at a lower temperature.

~~Theory of Heat (1871)

The second law is a statistical law.

Maurice Allais:

Nature doesn't leave any room to chance and all is determined by cause
and effect relationships. What's called hazard is nothing but a
representation of our ignorance. But the permanent nature of the statistical
laws shows the existence of a hidden order.

~~About the Aether Concept (2003)

[Note: Plasma fluid is also gross matter, unlike aether fluid, about
which we know little, that it is perfect or ideal fluid, i.e.
incompressible
and zero viscosity; aether is mathematically accounted for by dealing
with aether vortices, or rotating positron-electron dipoles, in every
one
of which aether fluid circulates and each positron and each electron
consist of localized aether fluid, spinning also. The Holy Ghost
testified
to me on Sep. 4th that David Tombe's rotational positron-electron
explanation of Maxwell's 1861 electromagnetism paper on the
'molecular' vortex model is correct. Thus I bear record.]

David Tombe:

A mysterious aethereal fluid seems to be pouring in from elsewhere in the
universe.
http://www.wbabin.net/science/tombe11.pdf

Toby Grotz, a U.S. electrical engineer:

A review of the well known biographies by Cheney, Hunt and Draper, and
O'Neil [3], [4], [5], reveal no mention of Tesla's knowledge of Sanskrit.
O'Neal however includes the following excerpt from an unpublished article
called Man's Greatest Achievement:

"There manifests itself in the fully developed being , Man, a desire
mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to
work himself the wonders he perceives.... Long ago he recognized that all
perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond
conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is
acted upon by the life giving Prana or creative force, calling into
existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary
substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes
gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears,
reverting to the primary substance."

According to Leland Anderson the article was written May 13th, 1907.
Anderson also suggested that it was through association with Swami
Vivekananda that Tesla may have come into contact with Sanskrit terminology
and that John Dobson of the San Francisco Sidewalk Astronomers Association
had researched that association. [6]
5. O'Neal, John, J., Prodigal Genius, The Life Of Nikola Tesla, Ives
Washington, Inc., 1944.

6. Anderson, Leland, personal communication. See also Anderson, L.I., and
Ratzlaff, J.T., Dr. Nikola Tesla Bibliography, Ragusan Press, 936 Industrial
Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94303, 1979.
http://www.mountainman.com.au/aether_1.html

David Tombe in one of his papers quotes O'Neill (different spelling) with
the Grotz attribution, the above words about Tesla's view of the aether
vortex.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:Tesla's_Dynamic_Theory_of_Gravity
"My second discovery was of a physical truth of the greatest importance. As
I have searched the entire scientific records in more than a half dozen
languages for a long time without finding the least anticipation, I consider
myself the original discoverer of this truth, which can be expressed by the
statement: There is no energy in matter other than that received from the
environment." - Nikola Tesla

Clearly, Tesla the inventor of the AC motor wasn't the first to grasp this
essential concept, for Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and James Clerk
Maxwell all understood this; so do Art Bulla and Maurice Allais now; Father
Abraham understood this before them all. (But I'm guessing if Tesla were
alive, he would agree with Alfven on Evolution, not only on the primary
importance of electrodynamics.)

Feynman and Alfven had two contradictory things in common, keen scientific
intellect and belief in Evolution; these two Nobelists worshipped two
gods -- for Feynman, his own neocortex, and for Alfven, space plasma (acting
on its own), or Thor.

Brigham Young:

You can find in the minds of the people most admirable intelligence in
things pertaining to the world; but when you touch the intelligence that
pertains to other worlds, to the kingdom of heaven and heavenly things, they
are dark as midnight darkness--so dark as this, that, let ever so good a
thing be revealed to them, no matter how good for a nation, a people, a
community, or an individual--let a man have it revealed to him how he can
benefit the whole nation, they turn around and deny God in it. They are so
dark as that, when they never received a particle of intelligence but what
came from God. They are filled with darkness.

Instead of wishing injuries to come on them, my heart is pained for them
when I behold their situation.

~~Journal of Discourses, Vol.5, Pg.126, August 9, 1857

16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the
potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not?
or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no
understanding?

(Old Testament | Isaiah 29:16)

The aether vortex idea originated with the Bernoullis and Euler (the latter
a devout Christian), then applied to describe electromagnetic phenomena by
Helmholtz and Kelvin and then Maxwell, who succeeded at last (the latter two
of these three were devout Christians).

12 For the foundation of matter, is it not spirit, saith the Lord God?

13 And all things are spiritual in nature, even unto me, saith the Lord God
of Enoch and Moses.

Revelations of Jesus Christ 20:12-13

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44 Pg.350:

Meaning of the Word Create

.... the word create came from the baurau which does not mean to
create out of nothing; it means to organize; the same as a man would
organize materials and build a ship. Hence, we infer that God had materials
to organize the world out of chaos -- chaotic matter, which is element, and
in which dwells all the glory. Element had an existence from the time he
had. The pure principles of element are principles which can never be
destroyed; they may be organized and re-organized, but not destroyed. They
had no beginning, and can have no end.

59 For the foundation of matter, saith the Lord, is spirit, and matter is
controlled and handled upon principles which are spiritual in nature.

60 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who
enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your
understandings; Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to
fill the immensity of space, the light which is in all things, which giveth
life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even
the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of
eternity, who is in the midst of all things.

61 And if your eye be single to my glory, saith the Lord, your whole bodies
shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you, if it so
be that ye are obedient unto mine ordinances, and that body which is filled
with light becometh a body Celestial which is compared to the sun in the
glory thereof, and that body comprehendeth all things, saith the Lord.

62 For behold after it is that ye have exercised your faith to plant the
seed that ye have begun to taste of the light, ye must not lay aside your
faith, saith the Lord, for ye have only tried the experiment to know if the
seed was good.

63 For behold, as the tree beginneth to grow, ye will say: Let us nourish it
with great care, that it may get root, that it may grow up, and bring forth
fruit unto us.

64 And now behold, if ye nourish it with much care it will get root, and
grow up, and bring forth much fruit.

Revelations of Jesus Christ 8:59-64

49 And there were none greater in intelligence among the sons of God from
before the foundation of the world, that Satan could not deceive him as he
hath thee, O man, with his lies and cunning craftiness and thy unstable mind
and heart, yea for his intelligence, which is the light of truth, he cannot
be deceived by him, saith the Lord, and he is the stone spoken of by Isaiah
in the 28th chapter, which should be laid in Sion, tried and precious by me,
his Father.

Revelations of Jesus Christ 24:49

So read Bulla, my teacher Art Bulla, for like Euler and Maxwell and Smith
and Young, he is the master of us all, pertaining to this generation.

.