Vietnam vets lobby for a day of honor

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/02/gns_welcome_home_vietnam_veterans_day_021510/

{EXCERPT} , By Judy Keen - USA TODAY Posted : Monday Feb 15, 2010 6:21:40 EST

Some Vietnam War veterans are fighting for a day of their own.

They have persuaded several state legislatures and dozens of cities to designate Vietnam Veterans Day and are lobbying others for a symbol of the gratitude and respect they believe they were denied when they came home from an unpopular war.

?We served with honor and we want people to know that,? says Bill Albracht, 61, secretary of the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) chapter in the Quad Cities area of Io

Vietnam: The Longest War Discussion/News/Info Exchange Forum
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vietnam-the-longest-war

Vietnam War Service Medal Issue Regulations
http://www.amervets.com/replacement/vn.htm#isr

U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully
reproducing copyrighted material. In abidance
with our laws this report cannot be provided in
its entirety. However, you can read it in full
today at the supplied URL. The subject/content of
this report is not necessarily the viewpoint of
the distributing Library. This report is provided
for your information and discussion.

-- Otis Willie (Ret.)
Military News and Information Editor (http://www.13105320634.com)
The American War Library, Est. 1988 (http://www.amervets.com)
16907 Brighton Avenue
Gardena CA 90247
1-310-532-0634

Military Personnel Database
http://www.amervets.com/library.htm
Military and Vet Info-Exchange/Discussion Groups
http://www.amervets.com/share.htm
Public Information Office
http://www.13105320634.com
.