Vietnam vets lobby for a day of honor

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/02/gns_welcome_home_vietnam_veterans_day_021510/

{EXCERPT} , By Judy Keen - USA TODAY Posted : Monday Feb 15, 2010 6:21:40 EST

Some Vietnam War veterans are fighting for a day of their own.

They have persuaded several state legislatures and dozens of cities to designate Vietnam Veterans Day and are lobbying others for a symbol of the gratitude and respect they believe they were denied when they came home from an unpopular war.

?We served with honor and we want people to know that,? says Bill Albracht, 61, secretary of the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) chapter in the Quad Cities area of Io

Vietnam: The Longest War Discussion/News/Info Exchange Forum
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vietnam-the-longest-war

Vietnam War Service Medal Issue Regulations
http://www.amervets.com/replacement/vn.htm#isr

U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully
reproducing copyrighted material. In abidance
with our laws this report cannot be provided in
its entirety. However, you can read it in full
today at the supplied URL. The subject/content of
this report is not necessarily the viewpoint of
the distributing Library. This report is provided
for your information and discussion.

-- Otis Willie (Ret.)
Military News and Information Editor (http://www.13105320634.com)
The American War Library, Est. 1988 (http://www.amervets.com)
16907 Brighton Avenue
Gardena CA 90247
1-310-532-0634

Military Personnel Database
http://www.amervets.com/library.htm
Military and Vet Info-Exchange/Discussion Groups
http://www.amervets.com/share.htm
Public Information Office
http://www.13105320634.com

  • Iraq and Vietnam
    ... Iraq and Vietnam ... to de-Americanize the war. ... still dicier than getting into one, as President George W. Bush can attest. ...
    (soc.culture.african.american)
  • Re: Suicide claims more US military lives than Afghan war
    ... have written a personal essay for all Veterans, myself being a Vietnam ... The Demons’ of War are Persistent ... Friends and family gather to celebrate another joyful holiday. ...
    (uk.religion.islam)
  • 18 Jul 2007 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News
    ... 18 Jul 2007 - Today?s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News ... DNC Veterans and Military Families Council Response to VA ... Marine Missing From Vietnam War Is Identified ... Brinda Karat raises gender bias in Air Force ...
    (rec.aviation.military.naval)
  • Oliver North Clobbers DemocRATs!
    ... tribute to America's war dead. ... He is quoted as having told a Connecticut veterans ... days that I served in Vietnam." ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Why are Vietnam Veterans still afraid of being spat upon?
    ... Many Vietnam vets hid their service during the war and for ten years after the ... twenty-five years after anti-war feelings against Vietnam veterans ended ... The American War Library, Est. 1988 ...
    (sci.military.naval)