- From: sarah poirier <s_poirier_1951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:57:58 -0800 (PST)
I'm thoroughly disappointed in the responses I've received in other
the Sean Young spanking scene in "Love Crimes." I raised concern
the inappropriate posts made by IMDB users with regards to this
scene. Yes, I know that it is "only a movie," but the reactions
exhibited give me great cause for real life concern. Just imagine
we'd react if these men expressed the same excitement and glee over a
rape scene. Here are links to both the movie scene and the comments.
I will decipher them afterwards:
I am going to propose an analyis that might seem far-fetched for
of you not familiar with modern feminist thought. To begin with, sex
is rape anytime a woman is not a willing participant. She has the
right to back out, even at the very last moment. No means no.
Period. If a man continues against her will, he is raping her. What
is rape? In the traditional sense, we think of penetration/
intercourse against one's will. But is there really any kind of
psychological difference between traditional rape, and any other type
of physical violation against a woman's body? Many of us feminists
believe not. A man who spanks a woman against her will has the same
mindset as a rapist. He is sending her the message that he can do
anything he wants to her simply because he is bigger and stronger
her. He is declaring "ownership" of her body. Wouldn't the smart
"rapist"choose to spank a woman over forcing her to have sex? Now,
the worst he'll be charged with is mere bodily assault. Of course,
he'll face even fewer consequences given that spanking is viewed by
many as not being as "serious" as other forms of physical violence
(e.g. punching, etc.).
I urge you all to hear me out and for once think outside the box!
Notice in the clip that Sean clearly indicates her unwillingness to
along with the spanking. What else could you make of her yelling,
crying, and shouts of "stop it?"
- Prev by Date: HELP: To the Supreme Court, the US Supreme, and the UN (1994.08(USA)-2007.11.18(JAPAN))
- Next by Date: HELP: To the Supreme Court, the US Supreme, and the UN (1994.08(USA)-2007.11.21(JAPAN))
- Previous by thread: HELP: To the Supreme Court, the US Supreme, and the UN (1994.08(USA)-2007.11.18(JAPAN))
- Next by thread: HELP: To the Supreme Court, the US Supreme, and the UN (1994.08(USA)-2007.11.21(JAPAN))