Proposal for 'English only' city council meetings sparks debate in Walnut, Calif.

"..."I feel like English is still very difficult," Duan said. "I know many first-generation immigrants who, when they came to America, could not speak even a single word ... It's not fair."

Apparently it is incumbent on us to accommodate those who have not been diligent in learning English (aka "lazy"). Learn it or leave. Another pet peeve-ballots in other languages. If you can't read the English ballot then you have no business voting or falsely claiming to be a citizen.

Proposal for 'English only' city council meetings sparks debate in Walnut, Calif.
http://tinyurl.com/6pd5kbh

--
"The king of Israel answered, "Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off." 1 Kings 20:11

.