Re: So Much for that God Story
- From: "Evelyn" <evelyn.ruut@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:53:59 -0400
"High Miles" <2blues1723@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:sqaTn.30242$%u7.1601@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 6/19/2010 3:46 PM, Glenn wrote:
They are all irrational. They are all looking for the holy grail that irrationality provides. They want to live in a mythological world where things are more than meet the eye and that comfort and protect them. You won't find truth in a library if you don't know how to seek it out because it's hidden. To understand religion, one must first become an atheist so one can learn how to seek the truth. A mind that's not free, will always be captive to those that want to enslave through lies for they never learned to tell lies from truth.
Only a non theist can truly experience the freedom of their mind.
Faith that is thought of as a support, is merely an invisible shackle.
We already have perfect compassion, perfect wisdom, perfect joy. We only need to settle our minds so they can rise from deep within us. - Buddha
- Prev by Date: Re: So Much for that God Story
- Next by Date: Re: So Much for that God Story
- Previous by thread: Re: So Much for that God Story
- Next by thread: Re: So Much for that God Story