Re: Sad Commentary

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:41:08 -0400, "Hal Hanig"
<halhanig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Thumper" <jaylsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:41:28 -0400, "Hal Hanig"
<halhanig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Thumper" <jaylsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 05:52:25 -0400, "Hal Hanig"
<halhanig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How low must their standards be when an apparently entire ethnic group
can
stand on their collective heads to honor the memory of someone who was
so
ashamed to be one of them that he went to the extreme of having his nose
surgically altered to resemble the nose of one of his wannabe patrician
Roman fathers and then had his skin bleached to rid him of the color he
was
so ashamed of.

Don't any of his adoring fans recognize that, in doing those things, he
was
insulting the entire race he was born into? Is money and fleeting
mundane
fame the only thing that matters to them?

For those who might be tempted to offer up the lame pedestrian
explanation
of their honoring his art, why didn't they make the same fuss over the
demise of the late Luciano Pavarotti who, on his worst day, was miles
the
better singer than Michael Jackson ever was? Did they make the same
fuss
when the late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall passed away? I
don't
recall that it got much more than relative lip service in comparison
with
the unctious mewling one is hearing about Jackson these days.

Is acquiring money and fame in the entertainment world all that they
value?

Hal

Do you give all of the mentally ill this treatment?

Jewish folks are known for answering a question with another question,
i.e. - "How are you?" "How should I be?", when they don't want to provide
an answer. So, is it safe to assume that you're one of the Jewish Smiths?

If you didn't know how to answer my question, why didn't you just say so
or,
better yet, just remain silent? Answering it with a flip question that's
completely unrelated doesn't do anything for anybody other than perhaps
you.
I tried my very best to avoid the appearance of making my view or comment
light frothy thing anybody might want to play games with. It was a
serious
question on my part that you didn't even come close to answering with your
flip response. I'm trying to understand something beyond what's obvious
on
the surface of things......

Why are so many people fawning over the memory of somebody who obviously
hated being like them? I don't get it.

Hal

You asked a rhetorical question and I ignored it as not serious and
unanswerable anyway.

I responded toy your attitude towards a person who until about 15
years ago by most accounts was pretty normal and in the last 15 years
has suffered what most people assume is mental illness.

You answered a question that I didn't ask. I don't know if he was mentally
ill or not and could care less in any event. The question that you didn't
answer was "Why are so many people fawning over the memory of somebody who
obviously
hated being like them? " The question was about the people, not about
Jackson. Please explain it to me if you can.

Hal
Thumper

Hal,

You might not have read the link I posted but I think it's important
so here's a list for you and others to see.

The Millennium-Issue of the "Guinness Book Of Records" names Michael
as the Pop Star who supports the most charity organizations.

The following projects are supported by Michael Jackson:

AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Heal The World Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make A Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund
United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America
This is the oldest mentoring organization serving youth in the USA.
BBBSA has provided one-to-one mentoring relationships between adult
volunteers and children at risk since 1904. BBBSA currently serves
over 100,000 children and youth in more than 500 agencies throughout
all of the United States.
BMI Foundation
From jazz to musical theater, from music education for gifted
youngsters to support for the work of accomplished concert music
composers, the BMI Foundation seeks out the best and most promising of
today's and tomorrow's musical creators and offers a platform of
support that fosters their growth and ensures the continuation of the
heritage of American musical ingenuity for generations to come.
Childhelp USA
Childhelp USA is dedicated to meeting the physical, emotional,
educational, und spiritual needs of abused and neglected children
focusing efforts and resources upon treatment, prevention.
Children's Institute International
This is a private, non-profit organization specializing in the
treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
Over the past 90 years, CII has evolved from a shelter for single
mothers and their babies to an internationally recognized model of
comprehensive care and assistance for at-risk children and their
families.
CII assistance includes child and family assessment supported by
24-hour emergency residential shelter care, family treatment services,
therapeutic day care, child health clinic, long-term foster family
care, and substance abuse treatment and prevention services.
Make A Wish Foundation fulfills the favorite wish of any child between
the age of 2 ½ and 18 who has a diagnosed life-threatening illness.
Camp Ronald McDonald
Camp for children with cancer.

.