- From: Stevenb <stevebrook@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:42:48 -0500
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%;
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!...
But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right!.....
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) Gasoline is now almost $4 a gallon & could climb more;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure;
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~10,600-- $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!
YEP, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE!... AND WE SURE GOT IT!!!....
NOW OBAMA, the DEM'S CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT--AND THE POLLS SAY HE'S GONNA BE 'THE MAN'!!....
CLAIMS HE'S GONNA REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!!....
JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....
- Prev by Date: Re: the chinese are getting worried about a us$ collapse
- Next by Date: Re: CHANGE!
- Previous by thread: Re: the chinese are getting worried about a us$ collapse
- Next by thread: Re: CHANGE!