Re: To refute Kelly decisively over Essenic Origin of the Christian Religion

In article <6vmdm7Fl1t5fU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Yowie <yowie9644.DIESPAMDIE@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To some evangalists, life without God is like being lost and bewildered with
no direction and purpose, and life with God is truly a life-saving
experience. They feel that they've not only been given a compass, but a map,
and have found the path 'out of the wilderness' so to speak. Having
discovred this saving miracle, they think it would be the height of cruelty
*not* to tell everyone else who they believe still wandering lost inthe
wilderness about it. And I can see their point: not all evangalists are
doing it out of cognitive dissonance or for the 'brownie points' but out of
true concern for those they consider 'lost'. The problem is that because
they felt lost and bewildered before they found God, they assume everyone
else feels lost and bewildered, and would welcome their advice, never quite
realising that not everyone else without their brand of God actually feels
lost and bewildered and in need of 'saving'.

Yes, I unfairly stereotyped some by my description of many. My experience
derives from when I was in university associating with evangelicals who were
mere kids my own age. My experience back then was that those who had been
most affected by their beliefs, seemed the ones least likely to want to
brag about it. They had a depth, and didn't as readily wear their hearts
on their sleeves. Perhaps their experiences had made them the humbler
rather than the more arrogant. They were perhaps as consequence more
reserved in the casting of pearls before swine.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

If you keep including this trailer on all your posts eventually I'm going
to ask you what it means. I must be dislexic or something because all the
words seem to be in entirely the wrong order, and to make no sense. I've
a feeling that mere rearranging might result in something quite profound
but the number of permutations of the above make it a riddle with no
solution if one lacks the key with which to solve it.

Ian

  • Lost quiz
    ... NEWS: Lost Quiz: David Buckna ... "The whole concept of man on an island reminds us of who we truly are. ... "Whoever does not love does not know God, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • JUDGMENT IS COMING! Issue number 10 October 2006
    ... God's judgment is coming. ... God bless you as you are encouraged and as you eagerly await the soon ... the Lord Jesus will very soon return! ... Lost people want and need to be loved. ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • Re: OT: We Survived!
    ... We watched the gas station across the road and waited on the tanker trucks that had been promised to show up the next morning. ... almost lost the other one, my mother almost lost one of hers. ... We lost a lot of branches and tree limbs, ... I thank God for my daughter because without her, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: IT AINT ME, BABE ...
    ... the more likely meaning but in the light of the there in It Ain't Me, ... Babe of questing beyond life I think it is possible to imagine Dylan's ... companion to be God, and furthemore a God that the woman on the ledge ... If he wanted to tell her to get lost, he would have simply said "get ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: To refute Kelly decisively over Essenic Origin of the Christian Religion
    ... Superficially, they want to convince ... others of what they believe because they claim that this is what God ... That may be the motivation of some evangalists, ... *not* to tell everyone else who they believe still wandering lost inthe ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)