Re: To refute Kelly decisively over Essenic Origin of the Christian Religion

In article <6vmdm7Fl1t5fU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Yowie <yowie9644.DIESPAMDIE@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To some evangalists, life without God is like being lost and bewildered with
no direction and purpose, and life with God is truly a life-saving
experience. They feel that they've not only been given a compass, but a map,
and have found the path 'out of the wilderness' so to speak. Having
discovred this saving miracle, they think it would be the height of cruelty
*not* to tell everyone else who they believe still wandering lost inthe
wilderness about it. And I can see their point: not all evangalists are
doing it out of cognitive dissonance or for the 'brownie points' but out of
true concern for those they consider 'lost'. The problem is that because
they felt lost and bewildered before they found God, they assume everyone
else feels lost and bewildered, and would welcome their advice, never quite
realising that not everyone else without their brand of God actually feels
lost and bewildered and in need of 'saving'.

Yes, I unfairly stereotyped some by my description of many. My experience
derives from when I was in university associating with evangelicals who were
mere kids my own age. My experience back then was that those who had been
most affected by their beliefs, seemed the ones least likely to want to
brag about it. They had a depth, and didn't as readily wear their hearts
on their sleeves. Perhaps their experiences had made them the humbler
rather than the more arrogant. They were perhaps as consequence more
reserved in the casting of pearls before swine.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

If you keep including this trailer on all your posts eventually I'm going
to ask you what it means. I must be dislexic or something because all the
words seem to be in entirely the wrong order, and to make no sense. I've
a feeling that mere rearranging might result in something quite profound
but the number of permutations of the above make it a riddle with no
solution if one lacks the key with which to solve it.

Ian

.