Re: Mixed Marriages

"rich hammett" <bubbarichau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:137epe8e2tt116a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, Gerald Fuller:

"David / Amicus" <Amicus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Btw his wife keeps the WoW my aunt said.

Not to be argumentive, but "Which parts"?

Probably not the parts about no meat. Mormons try to pretend that
that doesn't exist. And the barley drinks thing is kind of passe,
too.

I don't know much about "Mormons" in general. I do know some of my fellow
members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I don't know
any of them that pretend that the Word of Wisdom says nothing about eating
meat. I do know that most of us who can read realize that it says that we
should eat meat sparingly, but of course what one thinks is sparing another
may think is excessive. Fortunately, what matters in the long run is how our
Father in Heaven looks at what we have done. He understands us perfectly,
which none of us can say about ourselves, that is none of us can say we
understand any of the rest of us, and maybe not even ourselves, perfectly.

Out of curiosity, what language is that at the top of this post?

Gene

  • Re: Spaghetti squash
    ... I still have a problem with spaghetti squash never actually getting ... Doesn't matter how long I cook it or how I cook it, ... like soy burgers pretending to be meat. ... i don't even pretend it's spaghetti, i don't eat it like spaghetti. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Mixed Marriages
    ... Probably not the parts about no meat. ... any of them that pretend that the Word of Wisdom says nothing about eating ... should eat meat sparingly, but of course what one thinks is sparing another ...
    (soc.religion.mormon)
  • Re: NBC: Catholics and St. Patricks Day
    ... pretend to understand it or those who practice it faithfully. ... seems to me that if you take the religion and its tenets seriously, ... the meat thing isn't taken seriously anymore. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Happy Birthday
    ... What puzzles me is that if you are a vegan, why would you want to pretend ... You do quite often want to eat something filling and savoury ... and for some odd reason most available pre-made products seem to want ... to look like they could be meat. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: PRESSIDENT??? Re: Pressident Carter Answers Dershowitzs Libel before the Foreign Affairs Committ
    ... It takes a bigot to pretend there's anything wrong ... w/the term. ... I've heard that for Mormons, everyone who isn't a Mormon is a gentile. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish)