Re: Good and evil was Re: On non-procreation

Colleen Kay Porter wrote:
On 5/9/06 10:02 AM, in article 126187ps8urq422@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew
R" <adr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Colleen Kay Porter" <ckpsdp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

: > Andrew R. (who is not sure whether this is a good thing, or a bad thing)
:
: Why does it have to be good or bad? Why can't it just be what it is?

Bad maybe the wrong word. How about Good or Evil. Things have to be one or
the other.

Does everything in life have to be one or the other? Why?

I think a whole lot of the decisions we make and the things we do are
neither good nor evil. They just are.
<SNIP>

There is little that spins my wife up faster than when someone in a
testimony meeting or teaching a class goes on about our thoughts being
"either from God or from Satan"... Every time I hear that at church I
brace myself for getting home and hearing "Don't these people think
they ever have their OWN thought?!?

Just as our thought can be:
A) promtings from God
B) promtings from the adversary
C) just our OWN thoughts!

I would have to believe that things can be:
A) good
B) bad
C) neutral

DP (who sometime kisses his wife on the cheek when she's grumpy, just
to see her glare - is that bad?)

  • Re: Women as Seen Through the Bible
    ... Coming back to the actual thread, ah, the women are seen as Evil in The Bible and referring to my last post here are the references from the Bible. ... He who pleases God shall escape from her, but the sinner shall be trapped by her.” ... and a wife and husband who live happily together." ... You may not have been exonerated from using reason when commenting on old texts and no body believes that you should be but it is the lack of a coherent ...
    (alt.religion.islam)
  • Re: Women as Seen Through the Bible
    ... Coming back to the actual thread, ah, the women are seen as Evil in The Bible and referring to my last post here are the references from the Bible. ... He who pleases God shall escape from her, but the sinner shall be trapped by her.” ... "There are three things my soul delights in, and which are delightful to God and to all people: concord between brothers, friendship between neighbours, and a wife and husband who live happily together." ... "How blessed is the husband of a really good wife; the number of his days will be doubled. ...
    (alt.religion.islam)
  • Re: Proposition H8te
    ... If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you ... is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his ... Of course, it doesn't just apply to your wife - it could be your wife, ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Proposition H8te
    ... by cherry picking the attributes of the love ... There is nothing in the Bible that says it's okay to beat your wife. ... is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)