Re: Does the LDS church support it's members particiapting in the community?

Supportive?

You need to explain that one to me. I've been active in the community
and politics and always thought the leadership was behind me. If
someone wants to become involved in the community, they have to decide
what they want to do and then ask around. I never needed the Church's
help in finding some sort of community involvement outside of the
Church.

I think that the Church knows that members that are active in the
community is good PR for the Church.

I'm sure that if someone wants to become active in the community,
they will find full support from the local leadership. No classes are
needed. Community involvement is pretty much self-taught. You will find
the organizations that fit your taste and if they don't, find
another, or support change from within.

Just remember-Think globally, but act locally.

  • Re: 79th Birthday Celebration for General Vang Pao
    ... an icon, and disregards the controversies, still the prominent Hmong ... in the Hmong community. ... leadership at the Sacramento Lao Family, ... Why use education as a line of ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: Python education survey
    ... Python development is an all-volunteer effort. ... community" works on projects that we find interesting, ... all communities need leadership. ... Guido van Rossum IS that person. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Obamas speech today
    ... said "I will no longer attend services where Rev. Wright preaches and ... I will no longer attend his church. ... That's "presidential" that's leadership and guts. ... Abandoning a community that is clearly ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: A letter from a professor
    ... filled like mine are emerging. ... control of leadership to others (possibly they ... recognize current leaders in the math community ... imaginary copyrights, and written some sort of program to show ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: bangle law
    ... control by the Catholic church is grossly irresponsible - and is ... and people treat eachother like shit when the shit hits the fan. ... answers to modern problems and situations, ... treatment of the mentally ill by the psychiatric community, ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)