Re: Does the LDS church support it's members particiapting in the community?

Supportive?

You need to explain that one to me. I've been active in the community
and politics and always thought the leadership was behind me. If
someone wants to become involved in the community, they have to decide
what they want to do and then ask around. I never needed the Church's
help in finding some sort of community involvement outside of the
Church.

I think that the Church knows that members that are active in the
community is good PR for the Church.

I'm sure that if someone wants to become active in the community,
they will find full support from the local leadership. No classes are
needed. Community involvement is pretty much self-taught. You will find
the organizations that fit your taste and if they don't, find
another, or support change from within.

Just remember-Think globally, but act locally.

.