Re: THIS Resplendent Beauty

Kent Johnson wrote:
Hi Albert,

As you well know I did not "pooh, pooh" the Administrative Order of the
Baha'i Faith, but rather I compared it to the Glory of God. As you know,
anything would suffer by comparison.

In your post of today at 9:25 you wrote,

But as I said many times in this thread, my issue is that the authority of the Administrative Order is such a small thing compared with the Glory of God," . . .

You:
"but rather I compared it to the Glory of God."

Me:

I read you to say the authority of the Administrative Order is such a *small thing* compared to the Glory of God, yet Shoghi Effendi, the authorized interpreter of the Word of god says, "To dissociate the administrative principles of the Cause from the purely spiritual and humanitarian teachings would be tantamount to a mutilation of the body of the Cause,. . . "

How do you square this?

As I have stated to you several times in this thread my point is to find a
point of unity among believers in God, which appears to be impossible among Baha'is here..

Obviously, you know, that no non-Baha'i will share a Baha'is belief in the
Universal House of Justice, so I believe we must go deeper to find a way to
touch others. I thought this deeper Point that I have found would touch
Baha'is as well, but you, again, have shown me to be wrong.

Thanks for writing, however.

--Kent
"albertv" <ajv2003@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1278tb130n2jo64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kent Johnson wrote:
Hi Carl,

You: " Are these three things not sufficient reasons to care about whether the Covenant exists or not?"

Maybe you don't see a difference between "the authority of the Universal House of Justice" and the Covenant. But as I said many times in this thread, my issue is that the authority of the Administrative Order is such a small thing compared with the Glory of God, and I see the Covenant as a beautiful part of that Glory. The Administrative Order, although it is provided for in the Covenant, it is not, in my opinion, the same thing as the Covenant, much less the Universal House of Justice as only a part of the Administrative Order.

The most unique feature of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah is that for the first time in Revealed Religious history the Manifestation of God has delineated the construct of a Administrative Order. To pooh, pooh this
in my humble opinion is either an act of a lack of appreciation of many of the fundamental teachings of the Faith or dare I say, a willful act to misrepresent.

To wit read this quote,

"The Administrative Order is fundamentally different from anything that any Prophet has previously established, inasmuch as Bahá'u'lláh has Himself revealed its principles, established its institutions, appointed the person to interpret His Word, and conferred the necessary authority on the body designed to supplement and apply His legislative ordinances. Therein lies the secret of its strength, its fundamental distinction, and the guarantee against disintegration and schism."

(Compilations, Principles of Baha'i Administration, p. 1)

To dismiss the Administrative Order as " such a small compared with the Glory of God" is in MHO missing the point of the Message of the Messenger.

"The Administrative Order which this historic Document has established, (The Will and Testament of 'Abdu'l-Baha) it should be noted, is, by virtue of its origin and character, unique in the annals of the world's religious systems. No Prophet before Bahá'u'lláh, it can be confidently asserted,... has established, authoritatively and in writing, anything comparable to the Administrative Order which the authorized Interpreter of Bahá'u'lláh's teachings has instituted, an Order which ... must and will, in a manner unparalleled in any previous religion, safeguard from schism the Faith from which it has sprung.

(The Universal House of Justice, Century of Light, p. 42)

"In the Persian Bayan, the Báb stated: "Well is it with him
who fixeth his gaze upon the Order of Bahá'u'lláh, and rendereth
thanks unto his Lord. For He will assuredly be made manifest.
God hath indeed irrevocably ordained it in the Bayan." Shoghi
Effendi identifies this "Order" with the System Bahá'u'lláh 248
envisages in the Aqdas, in which He testifies to its
revolutionizing effect on the life of humanity and reveals the
laws and principles which govern its operation.
The features of the "new World Order" are delineated in
the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh and 'Abdu'l-Bahá and in the
letters of Shoghi Effendi and the Universal House of Justice.
The institutions of the present-day Bahá'í Administrative
Order, which constitute the "structural basis" of Bahá'u'lláh's
World Order, will mature and evolve into the Bahá'í
World Commonwealth. In this regard, Shoghi Effendi
affirms that the Administrative Order "will, as its
component parts, its organic institutions, begin to function
with efficiency and vigour, assert its claim and demonstrate
its capacity to be regarded not only as the nucleus but the
very pattern of the New World Order destined to embrace
in the fullness of time the whole of mankind".
For additional information on the evolution of this new
World Order, see, for example, the letters of Shoghi Effendi
published in The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh.

(The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 247)

Again, I reiterate, to split traditional 'gloreous' components
of the Revelation from the Unique features of THIS Revelation
betrayed a lack of appreciation of many of the fundamental teachings of the Faith.

Regards,

Albert

  • Re: THIS Resplendent Beauty
    ... "But as I said many times in this thread, my issue is that the authority of the Administrative Order is such a small thing compared with the Glory of God, and I see the Covenant as a beautiful part of that Glory." ... Also to "pooh, pooh" would be to denigrate, to devalue, to belittle. ... I compared the Administrative Order to Baha'u'llah and said that one item was small compared to the Other. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Alberts Power as Moderator
    ... As you well know I did not "pooh, pooh" the Administrative Order of the ... but rather I compared it to the Glory of God. ... Maybe you don't see a difference between "the authority of the Universal ... House of Justice" and the Covenant. ...
    (talk.religion.bahai)
  • Re: THIS Resplendent Beauty
    ... As you well know I did not "pooh, pooh" the Administrative Order of the ... Baha'i Faith, but rather I compared it to the Glory of God. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • The Power and Majesty of this Administrative Order
    ... of the Faith, the Administrative Order of the Faith of Baha'u'llah, ... SHIELD AND DEFENDER are the embattled hosts of the "Abha Kingdom. ... this world shall have become the Kingdom of God Himself, ...
    (talk.religion.bahai)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Infallible_guidance_by_the_first_Bah=E1=27=ED_Guardian=2E?=
    ... Shoghi Effendi wrote on pages 57 and 58 of his Spiritual Testament, ... Hands of the cause of God ... Was the "Administrative Order" all over and terminated after less than ... appointed by the guardian of the cause of God. ...
    (talk.religion.bahai)