Re: Baha'is need a new strategy

"Matt Menge" <mspmenge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1138404948.755482.297880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Non-Baha'is tend to see any reference to the Baha'i Faith as almost an
>intrusion into their spiritual life<

We need to figure out ways to share non-Baha'is spirituality without
intrusion. Directly offering the Writings is often seen as intrusion.

I say we find ways to join them, to help them on their spiritual paths. It
has been my experience that when we are there to share the spirit,
non-Baha'is consider us experts in spirituality. In my small town there
are few events outside the churches, so at almost every event I am asked
about my congregation at the Baha'i church, and where is that church anyway,
and should they call me reverend or what?

We need public events that help people with their own spirituality. If we
can't attend theirs, we can host our own, exploring different paths to God.
The simple truth is, ours is the straightest, but each one must discover
that for oneself.

--Kent

>>>If, on the other hand, Baha'is are known as those people who read long
> quotes, who meet in people houses, who pounce on any visitors with long
>
> quotes, well, that is what I have seen.
>
> Dear Ken,
>
> I will have to admit that I DO treat Baha'is differently than
> non-Baha'is. Non-Baha'is tend to see any reference to the Baha'i Faith
> as almost an intrusion into their spiritual life. Baha'is rarely do.
> That is a big difference.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Matt

  • Re: Straw Pole
    ... I think some people have a wider understanding of what is meant by beliefs ... Well many a time it comes down to a question of faith! ... there are many ways of looking at spirituality and spiritual ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: The Bahai Covenent used as a weapon
    ... I do feel your pain, as much as I feel the pain of those ... identified more closely with the spiritual principles of their faith ... had the potential to be a bridge of understanding between Islam and the ... the higher spirituality of their scriptural texts, ...
    (talk.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Peace begin with admittance of fault
    ... Some acknowledgement of human diversity is observable. ... As Baha'u'llah taught faith requires the balance of reason, ... > resorces is the only spirituality that will save our collective bacon. ... > a sustainability for all of humanity to share. ...
    (talk.religion.bahai)
  • Re: The sans-Guardian Bahais-- marketed on NBC as the most comfortable religion
    ... It's these three limitations that most inhibit the growth of the faith ... He said that the Orthodox Baha'is do not do ... And the writings of Shoghi Effendi emphasize that the Will ... elevated platform for spirituality than the following of those two ...
    (talk.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Reality: "Labour could be headed for London landslide, report
    ... I can't see that there is any one faith that is more likely to be 'right' ... I think this is how spirituality (as a branch ... only way to continue our progress toward any unknown truths. ... a lifetime of that superstition. ...
    (uk.politics.electoral)