Re: Baha'is need a new strategy

>>That is my question. Can we find other things to encourage? Can we avoid
discouragement in the forma of substituting a phrase from the writings
for
every spiritual urge we see in others? Are we using the Baha'i
Writings as
an opiate for those who wish to act? Can love and encouragement replace
our
reflex for pointing people to the Writings? Would the Faith be better
served if we could?

Dear Kent,

I agree that we should be as encouraging as possible to to other
Baha'is. I know Shoghi Effendi and 'Abdu'l-Baha were this way, and
apparently Baha'u'llah was as well. Generally, the impulse to point
people to the Writings is based on the idea that Baha'u'llah's Words
are more meaningful and carry more influence than our own. I am of
course very grateful when Baha'is decide to read more, but that is not
the point. The point is that Baha'u'llah explains things better than I
do, much better.

Best Regards,

Matt

  • Re: Bahais need a new strategy
    ... It seems to me the only way anyone knows if advice is good or not ... >> the Writings of Baha'u'llah were not yet translated, ... >> principle figures of the Baha'i Faith were encouragement. ... > encouragement of, an individual, nevertheless contain many insights. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Bahais need a new strategy
    ... The reason most of the Baha'is on this List offer the Writings is because the answers are there in the Writings, awaiting for us to apply them in practical life. ... How we do this is not something I can judge but I can say this and that is that we were asked to operate SED projects in 1984 and if we did not do it there would be "grave consequences". ... category of "individual encouragement". ... Faith were encouragement. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Bahais need a new strategy
    ... > I do not see love and encouragement and the Writings as mutually exclusive ... I was not talking about "teaching the ... faith". ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Bahais need a new strategy
    ... > On pilgrimage several years ago I was told that a large percentage of ... > the Writings of Baha'u'llah were not yet translated, ... > principle figures of the Baha'i Faith were encouragement. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Bahais need a new strategy
    ... On pilgrimage several years ago I was told that a large percentage of the ... Writings of Baha'u'llah were not yet translated, ... category of "individual encouragement". ... Faith were encouragement. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)