Re: Stoning to death - Barbaric

On 1/9/06, Douglas McAdam <douglasmcadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2006, at 6:31 PM, Gilberto Simpson wrote:
> > On 1/6/06, Douglas McAdam <douglasmcadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doug:
> >> What I recall Gilberto is that
> >> in the course of our discussions you objected to the principle of
> >> progressive revelation feeling it was putting down previous to Baha'i
> >> religions.

Gilberto:
> > Yes, progressive revelation, as its been explained to me, seems to
> > suggest a time-based hierarchy where more recent religions are more
> > spiritually advanced than earlier religions.

Doug:
> >> And we have tried repeatedly to explain this but to no
> >> avail.

Gilberto:
> > I'm not sure what there is to explain.

> Dear Gilberto-
> What there is to explain is why we believe Progressive Revelation has
> always been a principle revealed to us by God.

Gilberto:
I've been in these forums for a while and have patiently listened to
explanations of the concept of Progressive Revelation. I don't feel
like you need to explain it further. And so when you say you want to
explain why you believe in it, it comes off more as an attempt at
prosyletizing than anything else.

-Gilberto

  • Re: Religious persecution/was A job for life and source of income
    ... >> Doug: ... >>> Muslim religious clerics who are responsible for all this. ... >> Gilberto: ... >> People aren't just walking examples of their religion. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Re-Creation
    ... "Progressive Revelation is a principle we find in all education systems ... different religion and for that reason he does not believe as you believe. ... I dont see how the law of gravity can be at the same time ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Divine revelation and social construction
    ... >> Dear Gilberto= ... This is from the section on Muhammad in SAQ ... Christians and others are simply fabrications, ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Stoning to death - Barbaric
    ... > modern Muslims are interpreting and applying it. ... Gilberto: ... you don't believe is in the Quran in the first place, ... Sure Doug, you can read it however you want. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Stoning to death - Barbaric
    ... > some kind of debate. ... >> Gilberto: ... >> Doug: ... And we can just disagree. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)