Re: Stoning to death - Barbaric

On 1/6/06, Douglas McAdam <douglasmcadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But I
> am sure that none of us can judge and entire religion saying "my
> religion is more spiritual than yours" and yet this is what I run into
> a lot, especially with fundamentalists.

You took the words out of my mouth.

> What I recall Gilberto is that
> in the course of our discussions you objected to the principle of
> progressive revelation feeling it was putting down previous to Baha'i
> religions.

Yes, progressive revelation, as its been explained to me, seems to
suggest a time-based hierarchy where more recent religions are more
spiritually advanced than earlier religions.

> And we have tried repeatedly to explain this but to no
> avail.

I'm not sure what there is to explain.

> Also it is my recollection that Yassir has continually made it clear
> that he feels that Baha'i is less spiritual than his brand of the
> Muslim faith.

I'm not sure what that has to do with our conversation.

> I cannot speak for all Baha'is but as near as I can recall I have not
> read on this forum where Baha'is are saying they are more spiritual
> than you or others.

And again, if Bahais are not saying that they are more spiritual than
Muslims can you show me somewhere that Bahais are saying that Muslims
today are more spiritual than Bahais today or that Muslims today are
equal in terms of spiritual advancement to Bahais today??

-G

  • Re: The root of all evil? - Dawkins Documentary
    ... have their own beliefs and form their own conclusions; ... belief system can feel comfortable with; that some religions are ... i object to the intentional inflammatory ... saying such things intentionally ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Humility and Infallibility
    ... what I would suggest is that in this case, different religions will tend to ... It is my prayer and fervent hope, that the Baha'i Faith can stand such ... I do meet the requirements for membership. ... I'm not saying they ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Beliefs?
    ... That is like saying that the basic point of Darwin's ... He doesn't say a thing about the ethical content of most religions. ... should behave towards others as we would wish them to behave towards ... Science is not a branch of ethics. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: {OT} in the name of religion
    ... Judaism and Christianity. ... Are you saying J & C are not really religions? ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Dialogue with non muslims
    ... the conflicts engendered by this division so that they remain civil ... > and sectarian groups within religions, ... muslims, after the death of the Prophet sallallhu 'alaihi wa sallam, ... have rights in shari'ah law, which are binding on all muslims, but the ...
    (soc.religion.islam)