Re: Business on Any Degree

On Sep 8, 5:05 pm, Larry The Mason from Holbrook
<larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The code says (paraphrased) an EA must be vouched for
and escorted by a Master Mason from the Lodge he petitioned.
Extrapolating on my part, I believe it means the EA is not permitted
to vouch for himself.

In Ohio, the code describes proper vouching as including the ability
for a traveling Brother to show the Tyler a current dues card and
valid photo ID. Members of my Lodge often escort EAs and FCs to other
Lodges so they can see how others do their work. An MM from my Lodge
simply presents the Brother to the Tyler and informs the Tyler of the
degree the Brother has attained.

This reminds me of an amusing story. It took place four or five months
ago at a Lodge's inspection. Several Brethren from my Lodge, including
myself, attended. We brought with us a newly passed Fellowcraft to
observe the inspection in the FC degree. Code requires that the Lodge
be opened in full-form MM to accommodate certain visiting Brethren,
then called to refreshment and opened in short form for either of the
earlier degrees being conferred.

I introduced this Brother to the Tyler, informing him that the man was
a Fellowcraft. Into the Lodge we went. Then, as the WM started his
opening ritual in MM and the SW gave his report on Brethren in the
room, members of my Lodge had to interrupt and inform the SW that a
Fellowcraft was present. All present erupted with laughter as our FC
was escorted to the ante-room. I suppose you had to be there to truly
appreciate the humor and sharp timing.

  • Re: Business on Any Degree
    ... and escorted by a Master Mason from the Lodge he petitioned. ... The escort is usually the EA/FC's proposer. ... We brought with us a newly passed Fellowcraft to ... observe the inspection in the FC degree. ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: Caution is key...even essential.
    ... others cannot without an escort who is a MM. ... Bro. ... Eric J. Martin ... Lynnhaven Lodge No. 220 ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: The Number Twelve
    ... Brothers, makes for better understanding and more rounded Masons, even ... own ethics that any serious action must be done of a man's own free ... All good stuff, Brother Doug, you have taken what was originally ... For my lodge, I do the Master's work for ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: Atheists
    ... privately states that he no longer believes in a Supreme Being or a Deity, ... brother to be accountable to us his brethren who are of the flesh? ... contemporaneously listed by my Grand Lodge in their "Index ... Logically, therefore, there are both Atheists or Agnostics in our ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: Masonic Funeral Service
    ... to do a funeral service in what order and if there has to be a body or ... Brother Doug, I believe that you have enough experience in our ... will open his lodge for what ever Masonic business that he deems ... Illinois Manual under #5 ?Mixed Processions.? ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)