Re: Introduction...

Larry the Mason from Holbrook <larry.the.mason.from.holbrook
+nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard L. Watson wrote:

Welcome my brother.
While the Grand Lodge of Oregon is not (yet) in amity with the MWPHA of
Georgia, ... three Prince Hall Lodges meet in our Lodge building
here in Portland, Oregon. They are part of our local Masonic family and we
regularly inter-visit

My California F&AM lodge hosts a California PHA lodge
as a tenant. it's nice being able to walk down the hall to
visit.

I'm sure this was brought up before, and I don't wish to cause
disharmony by whipping this dead horse, but ...

Brother Richard, if Oregon doesn't recognize Brother Osiris because he
looks to the MWPHGL of Georgia, and if Brother Osiris happens to attend
a PHA meeting at Friendship, and if we are aware of Brother Osiris'
affiliation, would you and I be compelled to excuse ourselves from that
meeting?

California GL has a rule to act like the locals. As long as the
lodge I'm visiting is one that's recognized while I'm there I can
follow their visitation rules. I'm also a member of an Illinois
AF&AM lodge and as far as I know Illinois has the same rule.

So Br Osiris can visit a PHA lodge in most states and I think
non-PHA masons can visit with him there. Round-about but it
should work just fine. And the pleasure of visiting the brethren
at a near-by PHA lodge included.

  • Re: Introduction...
    ... While the Grand Lodge of Oregon is not in amity with the MWPHA of ... three Prince Hall Lodges meet in our Lodge building ... MWPHA will resolve their issues and we can one day have total amity between ... Georgia and I just wanted to be ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: Are some trades or professions unsuitable for Freemasons?
    ... So if a Mason who worked in the Liquor industry had to move to Oregon ... because of his job he could not be accepted into a lodge in Oregon. ... Topeka #17, Topeka KS ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: Introduction...
    ... three Prince Hall Lodges meet in our Lodge building ... here in Portland, Oregon. ... if Oregon doesn't recognize Brother Osiris because he ... looks to the MWPHGL of Georgia, and if Brother Osiris happens to attend ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • RE: [sof] Introduction...
    ... While the Grand Lodge of Oregon is not in amity with the MWPHA of ... three Prince Hall Lodges meet in our Lodge building ... Georgia and I just wanted to be ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: [sof] Introduction...
    ... three Prince Hall Lodges meet in our Lodge building ... here in Portland, Oregon. ... Brother Richard, if Oregon doesn't recognize Brother Osiris because he looks to the MWPHGL of Georgia, and if Brother Osiris happens to attend a PHA meeting at Friendship, and if we are aware of Brother Osiris' affiliation, would you and I be compelled to excuse ourselves from that meeting? ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)