Re: Harry Reid is in some deep shit
- From: sfdavidkaye2@xxxxxxxxx (David Kaye)
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:23:32 GMT
Ken Rudolph <kenru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Of course not. It's all symptomatic of the failure of the American
experiment: representative two-party democracy fails if the populace is
uneducated and apathetic.
I am not going to discount the American public so quickly. Americans work
very hard raising families and making ends meet, harder than the people of
most other countries. They, frankly, don't have the "luxury" of enough free
time to engage in politics. So, they use "shorthand" -- they rely on what
they see as the wisdom of others to help them decide how they want to vote or
whether it is worth taking the time out of their day to vote at all.
I've had friends from such countries as Brazil, El Salvador, the Netherlands,
etc., and each one has remarked at how Americans work way too hard and have
far too little leisure time.
Politics is a hobby for those who have enough leisure time to pursue it.
- Prev by Date: Re: I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places...
- Next by Date: Re: Harry Reid is in some deep shit
- Previous by thread: Re: Harry Reid is in some deep shit
- Next by thread: Re: Harry Reid is in some deep shit