Re: ...Then You Fight Back
- From: dsl@xxxxxxxxxxx (Dennis Lewis)
- Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:48:23 GMT
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:04:34 -0500, "T" wrote:
At the protest in Providence we had an appearance by a green clad lady
Liberty. She even got up and spoke. ...
The Post & Courier says "hundreds" rallied in Charleston, a remarkable
crowd in a state like South Carolina.
From Diane Knich's article:
.... Protesters gathered at Liberty Square to hear speakers before
marching to City Hall on Broad Street.
.... Joseph Fennell, one of the organizers of the Charleston march,
said he's fighting to get back the rights gay people, and all people,
are guaranteed in the Constitution. "Not only do I want the same
rights everyone has," Fennell said, "but they were mine in the first
place and were taken away."
The Rev. Peter Lanzillotta, a minister at The Unitarian Church of
Charleston who spoke at the event, said, "It's not gender that makes a
family. Only love makes a family."
- Prev by Date: Re: ...Then You Fight Back
- Next by Date: Re: ...Then You Fight Back
- Previous by thread: Re: ...Then You Fight Back
- Next by thread: Re: ...Then You Fight Back