- From: dsl@xxxxxxxxxxx (Menacing Dennis)
- Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 12:30:23 GMT
On 4 Aug 2007 11:42:44 -0400, Robert S. Coren wrote:
Thank you for reminding me that I meant to quote the following, from
Anthony Lane's review of the movie "Sunshine" in the July 30 _New
The effect will be, we are told, "to create a star within a star", a
plan that has not succeeded since the the union of Vincente Minelli
and Judy Garland.
When I first read this I was incensed, thinking Lane was comparing
L*za with Chris Evans' co-star in "Sunshine," Troy Garity. After a
second reading, I realize the "create a star within a star" reference
is to the plot of the movie rather than the offspring of Jane Fonda
and Tom Hayden who actually manages to "outshine" Chris Evans.
(How fickle I can be -- going into a theater to see Chris "Pecs" Evans
and ending up focusing all my attention on Troy "God, Who's *That*
- Re: L*za
- From: Ken Rudolph
- Re: L*za
- Prev by Date: Do you and your potential***partner know each others' test results for A VARIETY of sexually transmitted diseases?... Ask -- Let's get tested TOGETHER BEFORE we have sex.
- Next by Date: The Evolution Of Pride (Festivals)
- Previous by thread: Re: L*za
- Next by thread: Re: L*za