Wrongfully convicted rapist is freed after 17 years.. and hit with a $110,000 bill for backdated child maintenance
- From: "MCP" <gf010w5035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 04:12:30 -0000
By Daily Mail Reporter
An innocent man jailed for 17 years after being wrongfully convicted of rape
will not get any compensation for the time he spent behind bars - but he has
been given a $111,000 bill for backdated child maintenance payments.
Alan Northrop and co-defendant Larry Davis were arrested following the
January 1993 rape of a woman near Vancouver, Washington State. In July of
that year, the pair were given jail terms of more than 23 years after being
convicted of first-degree rape, kidnapping and burglary.
But in a dramatic turnaround last year, Washington State prosecutors were
forced to withdraw the charges in light of fresh DNA evidence, and the men
were released having served 17 years in jail.---
- Prev by Date: Re: Howard Leach's Letter.
- Next by Date: Re: Children of fathers who don't pay child support
- Previous by thread: Re: Howard Leach's Letter.
- Next by thread: 'They never saw it coming': Mother shot her two teenage children twice in the head 'for being mouthy'