Re: The return of the Y chromosome

"Heidi Graw" <hgraw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:deC3n.61540$PH1.32870@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Noel" <yakenjokin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Wsz3n.1286$pv.326@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nice article!

Bet it's really going to stick in the craw of fembots everywhere.

...a clip from the article:

"
There's one main point to fast evolution: The Y is constantly trying to
produce as many high-quality sperm cells as possible. For the Y, it's all
about making more babies.

"That's why this selective pressure on the Y is so intense: It's a
chromosome that's devoted to sperm production," Hughes says.

"But they also have a downside," she adds. Reshuffled Y genes sometimes
produce infertility or diseases."

So, while competition and change can be a good thing at times, it can also
result in barren stagnation and deadly desease. Anyway, while you guys
are busy evolving, careful you don't select yourself out of existence.

Heidi

Well you do make a good point but as they say there are trade offs with
everything in life!

I'm not going to argue the point here because quite frankly I know I'm not
that good at it.

I will just leave my original and somewhat inebriated comment on the table
with the reiteration that it was once thought that the "Y" was a bit of a
dud, so the feminist crowed. Now they may have to hush a little because all
was not as it seemed!

So you never know what may happen, may be the big and clumsy "X" that gets
left behind!

  • Re: The return of the Y chromosome
    ... ...a clip from the article: ... There's one main point to fast evolution: The Y is constantly trying to ... produce as many high-quality sperm cells as possible. ... Men aren't going to evolve themselves out of existence just to fulfill ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: The return of the Y chromosome
    ... Bet it's really going to stick in the craw of fembots everywhere. ... There's one main point to fast evolution: The Y is constantly trying to produce as many high-quality sperm cells as possible. ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: The return of the Y chromosome
    ... ...a clip from the article: ... There's one main point to fast evolution: The Y is constantly trying to ... produce as many high-quality sperm cells as possible. ... Reshuffled Y genes sometimes ...
    (soc.men)