Turn it around (was Re: More couples signing pre-nuptials
- From: PolishKnight <marek1965@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:07:37 -0400
In article <2tqvm.46672$PH1.11009@edtnps82>,
"Heidi Graw" <hgraw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"MCP" <gf010w5035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message(snip)
Family lawyer Marilyn Stone said: "The whole emphasis is on divorce
reform - and I actually think we should be looking much more at marriage.
I have to say if I was asked to enter into a 'pre-nup' I wouldn't."
I think if the couple wishing to marry had to blend families,
and/or there is a huge difference in assests and earning
power between the two, I would think a pre-nuptial agreement
is appropriate under those circumstances.
For myself, however, if I were asked to sign a prenup,
I would consider it a lack of trust on the part of my
potential spouse...that he does not trust me to
be fair in case our marriage were to break down.
It is this lack of trust which would hold me back
from marrying such a person.
Let's turn this around: Wouldn't a trustworthy person OFFER to show the
other person they have nothing to hide in consideration of the other
person's feelings? There's an old saying:
"The more she pontificated about her sacred honor, the faster we counted
Indeed, modern women seem to take offense more easily than men about
having their motives questioned even as statistics show that women have
acted more dishonorably then men in recent times such as double dipping,
treating their exes like dirt, abandoning children to death, etc.
But that's ok, Heidi, it's no surprise to me or even to most men. Women
are of weaker character. It explains a lot of history.
- Prev by Date: Re: Election year dangers haunt DA who freed Hofstra rape accuser
- Next by Date: Re: 71% of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers; 60% of Victims are Boys
- Previous by thread: Re: Election year dangers haunt DA who freed Hofstra rape accuser
- Next by thread: Re: 71% of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers; 60% of Victims are Boys