Woman entombed babies in concrete
- From: "MCP" <gf010w5035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 06:54:48 GMT
A woman who murdered four new-born babies, encasing two in concrete and wrapping
the others in bags in a freezer, was jailed for life yesterday.
"I'm sorry I can't make everything all right again," Gertraud Arzberger, 33,
told the court in Graz, Austria.
Her partner, 39-year-old Johannes Genser, was sentenced to 15 years in prison
for being an accessory to the murders.
Over a period of several years, Arzberger gave birth to the four children all of
whose bodies were discovered last summer, two entombed in buckets of concrete
and two in the freezer.
Tests showed that the two babies found in the freezer were still alive when they
were put inside.
Those in the concrete were too disintegrated for any conclusive results to
emerge as to when or how they had died.
Genser, who fathered at least three of the children, said he had not known that
Arzberger was pregnant.
But neighbours said it had been obvious as her stomach was swollen, leading
prosecutors to argue that he must have known.
- Prev by Date: WWII schoolgirls 'solicited GIs'
- Next by Date: We should all boo that weaselly phrase 'the welfare of the child'
- Previous by thread: WWII schoolgirls 'solicited GIs'
- Next by thread: We should all boo that weaselly phrase 'the welfare of the child'