For Battered Men their Batterings Never End

http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/editorials/2005/0223blumhorst.html

by Ray Blumhorst

The struggle to bring attention to the plight of battered men, who are
abused at the hands of violent females, is not a new topic. The topic as
it concerned one man was well documented in a book called, The Inner
World of Abraham Lincoln by Michael Burlingame. On p. 277 Burlingame
gives a list of some of the violence Abe Lincoln incurred at the hands
of Mrs. Lincoln, but there were numerous other pages, detailing the
beatings Lincoln endured at the hands of his wife. Some feminists have
pointed out that men are big and can defend themselves, but as Lincoln
and many other men exemplify, "Gentlemen don't use their physical power
against women."

For Lincoln the battering never ended in his lifetime. The domestic
violence that Lincoln suffered like that of many men today is an issue
that is not generally discussed. Domestic violence has become all the
rage, no pun intended, on talk shows, in political circles, in social
and church groups, and certainly in gender feminist circles as long as
it does not cross the boundary of what's acceptable, and accept men as
victims.

In Los Angeles, this past week, a ruling was passed down by the 2nd
District Court of Appeal, denying the claim that a man was discriminated
against, when he sought services at local area domestic violence
shelters. That man was me. The decision clearly sent a message to me,
that a man who had his leg knocked out from under him in an act of
domestic violence, committed by a woman, didn't have "standing" to sue
for shelter services for men. What a strange (and cruel) irony in the
use of that word (standing) from the English language. Even more cruel
is the continued abuse that abused men must now endure in the wake of
this flawed decision of the legal system.

The political climate as we have seen in the rulings of activist judges,
has powerful sway in decisions of law. I for one do not underestimate
the power of the gender feminist movement to hold powerful political
sway in courts, through powerful lobbies in politics and education. The
pervasiveness of gender feminist ideology in indoctrination sessions
(classrooms) on college campuses is only the tip of the iceberg of the
influence that gender feminist dogma, such as that concerning domestic
violence, exerts over societal institutions. That gender feminist
influence (in my opinion) has clearly metastasized into our court
system.

Much more education needs to be done to call attention to the truth
about domestic violence. Since the first of the year, a friend and I
have given away a number of books to individuals and libraries in an
effort to spread the word about information the mainstream domestic
violence industry doesn't want you to know. In fact the book addresses,
The Twelve Things You Aren't Supposed to Know.

In his book, Thomas B. James, J.D. does a scholarly job of presenting a
host of facts that domestic violence industry insiders never speak of.
Also, in scholarly fashion, the book is heavily footnoted, and includes
a very long bibliography listing the source of each footnote. I'll admit
giving away this fine book is a meager effort to get the word out, but
every little bit helps, when you're fighting prejudice and ignorance of
the type that is being spread by the gender-feminist-ruled domestic
violence industry.

As recently as Monday (Valentine's Day) I attended a function of the
mainstream domestic violence movement and found speaker after speaker
presenting an excoriating, one sided, male vilifying, explanation of the
dynamics comprising domestic violence in our society. The entire morning
session at the Men's Leadership Forum, put on by the San Diego Domestic
Violence Council was devoted to a theme of, "Men Against Violence
Against Women."

Women were presented entirely as victims, and men, either as
perpetrators, or "criminals waiting to happen." The only bright spot of
the day was the Faith Based break out session were several brave souls
had the courage to speak up and say, "The negative stereotyping of males
must end." Sadly, only about 12 out of more than 200 people, attending
the days events, attended that session.

It is a wearisome thing indeed to be a man, especially a young man,
living in this society. The steady drone of mind-numbing indoctrination,
day after day, pummels the senses with misandrist message after
misandrist message, from: our courts, our schools, our military, our
civic groups, our churches, and foremost, our domestic violence
industry. It is a wearisome thing indeed to be a man, especially for
young men, when you consider that for battered men the battering never
seems to end in this lifetime.

--
Men are everywhere that matters!

A dog is wiser than a woman; it does not bark at its master.
 Russian Proverb

.

Quantcast