Re: How about a Title IX approach?/Re: Equality of life expectancy?

In article <1137530569.958345.263230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
lloydsofhanford@xxxxxxxxx says...

> Mark Borgerson wrote:
> > In article <1137460883.563251.176980@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > lloydsofhanford@xxxxxxxxx says...
> > >

> > > Since there's only so much that can be done to increase female
> > > participation in sports (bleah! what an objective!), funding for many
> > > programs for male athletes are being cut at universities, under Title
> > > IX.
> > >
> > > Maybe a similar approach should be taken here. Given that there's only
> > > so much that can be done to increase male life expectancy, maybe health
> > > officials should look for a way to decrease female life expectancy.
> > Since both men's and women's life expectancy are increasing (and men's
> > faster than women's), we just need to slow the growth rate for women.
>

> Where did you hear that men's life expectancy is increasing faster?

"The gap between male and female life expectancy closed from 5.4 years
in 2002 to 5.3 years in 2003, continuing a trend toward narrowing since
the peak gap of 7.8 years in 1979. Record-high life expectancies were
found for white males (75.4 years) and black males (69.2 males), as well
as for white females (80.5 years) and black females (76.1 years)."

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/05facts/lifeexpectancy.htm

> > > Well, just call this a "modest proposal".
> >
> > Which, I'm sure, will bring a swift response from the public.
> >
> > Mark Borgerson

Mark Borgerson