Re: Yikes! Sperm donor to pay child support.
- From: ngrobbieuk@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 18 Nov 2005 13:09:11 -0800
> Hyerdahl wrote:
> > Thunderchild wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, this has been on the cards for a while. In the UK when
> > > 'anonymity' was removed from parents who gave up their children for
> > > adoption, the next logical step was for gamete donors and the logical
> > > next step is child allowance.
> > But in the UK men can still donate sperm at clinics with complete
> > anonymity, no?
> No - since a change in the law.
> The law now is that the donor will remain anonymous until the child
> turns 18. At that point the 18 year old can ask to see records that
> will identify the donor.
> and for a bizarre, but worrying, story
found this one which explains the changes in greater detail
- Prev by Date: Re: The What Are Men's Issues FAQ version 1.0
- Next by Date: Re: The What Are Men's Issues FAQ version 1.0
- Previous by thread: Re: Yikes! Sperm donor to pay child support.
- Next by thread: Re: Yikes! Sperm donor to pay child support.