Re: Was Osama under house arrest?

In article <96bc5c95-f252-4872-817a-5bba41b57f05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Dom <DRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This morning it occurred to me that Osama bin Laden may have been kept
under house arrest by the Pakistani intelligence service and military.
This evening on the O'Reilly Factor, Col. Ralph Peters expressed the
opinion that the ISI had been keeping Osama in the compound and that
he could not leave--that is why Osama remained there for such a long
time. Any ideas?

That of course would explain the large contigent of Pakistani Military guarding
the compound or even the fact that with a 40 minute firefight no Pakistani
military or police actually showed up to investigate what was happening

  • =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_Woman_who_died_as_a_human_shield_was_one_of_bin_?= =?windows-1252?Q?L
    ... Pakistant thi` coai ... US officials wonder how military missed compound in shadow of ... mounting tensions between the Obama administration and Pakistani ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)
  • Re: Death of Osam Bin Laden
    ... the home of the Pakistani equivalent ... large secure compound less than a mile from the military ... There is something of an internal war going on between ISI and the ... I suspect that the fact that we were watching that particular compound ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Presidential leadership
    ... The Pakistani administration isn't suggesting OBL wasn't there. ... If they had any reasonable reason to say OBL was not in the compound ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: OT With three wives, why was his place so messy?
    ... raiding his compound and what would come next. ... Pakistani intelligence or govt, or both. ... he'd be taken into custody and then could use his friends to ... the way he was already living. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Was Osama under house arrest?
    ... opinion that the ISI had been keeping Osama in the compound and that ... That of course would explain the large contigent of Pakistani Military guarding ... the compound or even the fact that with a 40 minute firefight no Pakistani ... that "Pakistan had no interest in capturing Osama bin Laden." ...
    (soc.history)