Re: Invasion of Okinawa, Iwo Jima instead of Philipines

"Duwop" <tutall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

Using the same sort of logic one could conclude that France and
England are responsible for WWII, not Germany.

This is not a logical argument, because you are not comparing like with
like. Whether or not the UK (England is one of the nations which make up the
UK) in 1938-39 could avoid war with Germany is an entirely different sort of
situation to whether or not the US in 1944-45 could have avoided invading
the Philippines, or any of the individual islands in that group, or any of
the cities and towns on any of those islands.

Would you like to address whether, in the real historical circumstances
which existed at the time, there was an alternative to invading the
Philippines, or any of the individual islands in that group, or any of the
cities and towns on any of those islands, and thereby inflicting tens of
thousands of civilian deaths? If there was an alternative, why wasn't it
adopted?

And we know you're response to that. Why is this different, because
MacArthur's American?

This sort of childish petty-nationalism is not something that motivates my
posts.

.