Re: who invented "arbeit macht frei"?

"John Dean" <john-dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> Why does that omission make Wikipedia unreliable?

I said: "Wikipedia is not generally to be regarded as a
wholly reliable source, especially in this case". And, yes,
in this case Wikipedia is not wholly reliable.

> It doesn't say it *wasn't* used in 1928. It says it was
> used as the title of a novel in 1872 and subsequently
> used by the Nazis in the 30s. I take it you don't
> dispute that information?

Thus implying, wrongly, that the Nazis took the phrase from
the book. Which is wrong. Hence my remark.

  • Re: US-Amerikaner
    ... schweizern und den jeweils emigrierten Vertretern ihres Volkes. ... Nazis und anderen Deutschen unterschieden. ... Wikipedia is a huge silo of pop trivia, and perhaps the world's largest, most distributed bureaucracy - mostly manned by a casual staff of teenagers and the unemployed. ...
    (de.etc.sprache.deutsch)
  • Re: who invented "arbeit macht frei"?
    ... >> Why does that omission make Wikipedia unreliable? ... > wholly reliable source, especially in this case". ... >> used by the Nazis in the 30s. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Alan Broc, a friend of Serbs?
    ... Recent posts from this man (using two ... In soc.culture.occitan, in a post "L'abat Pau Tallez", he cites the ... " (How you did not already understand that WIkipedia was held by the ... nazis from Wikipedia) ...
    (soc.culture.occitan)