Re: Market Garden Questions
- From: "Robert Sveinson" <rsveinsn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:55:30 +0000 (UTC)
"robr" <rob.raaijmakers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> the attack on the philips factory in eindhoven was not directly a
> success as I was until recently was working in the buildings that were
> attacked. They missed the factory totally and hit the residential area
> next to the factory with a lot of people killed. if I'm correct the
> attack was on 6 december 1942.
The raid that took place on Dec. 2, 1942 damaged the factory such that it
was out of action for 6 months! This raid was on a Sunday so that the
would not contain workers. There were 148 Dutch casualties, and 7 German
On 30 Mar. 1943 the factory was bombed, but because of cloud
it was not successful. Only a corner was hit.
- Prev by Date: Re: IJN Destroyers - Size of Force
- Next by Date: Re: Recon subs for Doolittle?
- Previous by thread: Re: Market Garden Questions
- Next by thread: Re: Market Garden Questions