Re: The big picture in Iraq tells quite a different story
- From: Brad Meyer <bradm110@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:00:35 -0700
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:43:04 -0400, Calypso <Calypso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Without this big picture, any war would appear a meaningless disaster.
>What if Americans had seen the casualty lists from Omaha Beach or
>Okinawa -- hills of sand -- without hearing about the objectives for
>which those bloody battles were fought?
A sharper question might be: what would their reaction be a year
after, say, D Day if the troops were still hung up on the beach?
- Prev by Date: C-SPAN School Bus Travels: Revolutionary War
- Next by Date: New Cold War Museum highlights U-2 spy case
- Previous by thread: C-SPAN School Bus Travels: Revolutionary War
- Next by thread: New Cold War Museum highlights U-2 spy case