Spanish Inquisition torture and stuff
- From: Jantero <jantero159@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:17:06 -0700
An interesting author interview on the Spanish Inquisition - he had access to the inquisition archives.
Skip the first couple minutes of it.
You better not be noticed to be avoiding eating pork...
He mentions people being condemned to be galley slaves, the rack etc..
" The Inquisition revolutionized record-keeping and surveillance techniques that are still used today, says Cullen Murphy. His new book God's Jury draws parallels between some of the interrogation techniques used in previous centuries with the ones used today. "
- Prev by Date: Re: French as the language of England
- Next by Date: Re: Global Warming - the flat earth society
- Previous by thread: Re: Global Warming - the flat earth society
- Next by thread: Re: Ancient Jewish scrolls found in north Afghanistan