Re: End of the newsgroup

In article <8bPfq.6538$pX2.3126@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
John Briggs <john.briggs4@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. He didn't describe Ayn Rand as an intellectual.

2. But she was, among other things. She created and defended an
elaborate structure of ideas. Whether you agree with it--or, for that
matter, whether it was correct--is irrelevant.

She was certainly the Apostle of Selfishness - but elevating that to a
system of ideas is ludicrous. The rest of the world doesn't take her
seriously.

I gather you haven't spent much time either reading Rand or arguing with
the more intelligent of her followers. She did indeed create a fairly
elaborate structure of ideas.

--
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/

  • Re: End of the newsgroup
    ... elaborate structure of ideas. ... One of her adherents, Greenspan, turned her ideas into some real magic ... But I wasn't arguing about whether Rand did good or bad, ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: End of the newsgroup
    ... Jantero wrote: ... elaborate structure of ideas. ... I gather you haven't spent much time either reading Rand or arguing with ... One of her adherents created Wikipedia. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)