Re: A Two-State Solution

On Sep 23, 11:52 am, William Black <blackuse...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/09/11 19:36, ADR wrote:

On Sep 23, 3:38 am, William Black<blackuse...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

That British colonial administration was flawed isn't news.

However the idea that the British conspired with the Jews to send Jews
to Palestine is a bit silly.

The Jews had been there for an awful long time before the British turned up.

Really?  When was that?  In fact, in 1918 when the British took over
Palestine, the Jewish population of the area was negligible.  I do not
recollect the numbers, but I think that it was probably around 2% of
the population.  However, based on the implementation of the Balfour
declaration, Jewish settlers poured in  in large numbers and took,
with the collaboration of the British authorities, lots of the land.

'Took'?

Could you expand on that a bit please.

My understanding is that some 78% of the land in mandated Palestine was
government owned and the government had the right to give/sell/deed it
to whoever they wished.

I think that you answered your own question, haven't you? When you
have an outside group coming and colonizing a place with the collusion
of the colonial power, we cannot really talk about any kind of
fairness or legality, can we?

I wish that you use your brain for a second to just check all the
arguments. But no, that ain't going to happen.

  • Re: OT A Clear Strategy - for Disaster
    ... "In reality, Jewish population grew, but Arab population grew more rapidly. ... Actual conflicts flared up because the Zionists purchased large tracts from landowners and subsequently evicted the tenant farmers. ... Palestine came under British rule. ... The Arabs of Palestine were appalled at the prospect of living in a country dominated by a Jewish majority and feared that they would be dispossessed. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Zionist Blood Suckers And Mark Goldberg Against Humanity
    ... history rewritten to have been there before the Americans. ... what you claimed that Palestine didn't exist. ... While the Jewish population living in pockets of "Jewtown" amongst the ... Solution" was to solve this problem plaguing Europe. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: A Two-State Solution
    ... Palestine, the Jewish population of the area was negligible. ... of the colonial power, we cannot really talk about any kind of ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Israel is Born: A Tale of Lies, Deceit, and Terrorism
    ... (The Untold Story of the Zionist intent to turn Palestine into a Jewish State. ... MacMichael understands that the Mandatory has little power at home over the zealous actions of the Zionists as they manipulate public and political opinion even as they expand their terrorism against the British Mandate government in Palestine. ...
    (soc.culture.arabic)
  • Israel is Born: A Tale of Lies, Deceit, and Terrorism
    ... (The Untold Story of the Zionist intent to turn Palestine into a Jewish State. ... MacMichael understands that the Mandatory has little power at home over the zealous actions of the Zionists as they manipulate public and political opinion even as they expand their terrorism against the British Mandate government in Palestine. ...
    (soc.culture.canada)