Re: Arab slave import determined history

On Jun 12, 4:31 am, "M Winther" <m...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Yusuf B Gursey" <y...@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: Arab slave import determined history

It not racism because it is based on fact. Non-Africans have
larger brains. Don't blame me - blame mother nature! It could derive

those studies are open to question.

from the Neanderthals. A recent study bolsters this idea:
"Could our big brains come from Neanderthals?
Study: Gene could only be passed by interbreeding with humans"http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15611031/

The genetic shift took place very rapidly. A thousand years ago
the Arabs had no African markers in their genome. In medieval
times the genome changed rapidly. Why could not such a rapid
change have affected culture?

Muslim culture was on the recovery after the Mongol invasions, if it
were not for the accumulation of wealth and commerce, and hence a
middle class, in Europe due to the discovery of the trade routes
(which was motivated by the resurgence of Islamic power). thereafter,
nto only Arab culture but Muslim culture in general declined. there is
a perfectly prosiac explanation. but obviously you are someone that is
wedded to a certain notion and there is no point in discussing it with
you.

Mats