Re: Black Death timeline

In the decades leading up to the BD Plague, there were famines brought on by
the European climate becoming much wetter. This occured with the population
at a relatively high level, already taxing the agricultural system.

The general population was in a weakened state and there were other
epidemics that were going around Europe that preceded and coincided w/ the
BD.

Perhaps the discrepancies you're finding are due to uncertainty as to
exactly what epidemic was hitting, and when. A further complication is that
there are 3 types of The Plague: bubonic, pneumonic, and septicaemic. I
think they all are somewhat different in symptoms - the last one kills very
quickly.