Re: Beowulf

In article
<be36144f-f90e-4851-840d-233c6f6cefeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
am05@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On May 21, 9:44 am, erilar <dra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article
<ff44e9bd-3020-4610-a4d5-d8b1eb308...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

      Promises, promises....

There is a joke which ends up with exactly these words but I'm most
definitely not going to tell it to you. :-)
Likely a good idea 8-)

      Remembering Carter's problems getting things through Congress, I
keep wondering how much the kid could accomplish. . .

This is an open question for any President but I'm somewhat reluctant
of being a guinea pig for the big-scale social experimentations.
Especially when they involve ...er... 'social justice',
'redistribution of the wealth', etc. Somehow I'm always finding myslef
on a paying side.
Oh, I know all about that, too 8-\

Not to mention that few decades spend in the Workers Paradise made me
somewhat sceptical about the whole idea..... :-(

Oh, QUITE understandable!
soap,
however. . .

Now, this would be something to see... :-)

Once upon a time this was used on children who used inappropriate
language.

I know. But I'm a grown up reactionary so this IS the language totally
appropriate for me. If I start being politically correct, what's the
purpose (and fun) of being a reactionary? :-)
None whatsoever, of course. Particularly the fun part.

Now I suppose one would be arrested for child abuse for
trying it.

Yep.

 In medieval times, of course, "soap" was something else.
Let's see. . . beating them on rocks along the stream and spreading them
out on bushes to dry???

This sounds as a well-thought and totally appropriate action to me
but, hey, I am a reactionary! :-)

Well, I'm old enough to remember being struck on the hand with a ruler
by a teacher. . . I have major reactionary moments myself.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo ;

.